Measurements are essential to determine the health of any cellular system given the current configuration. 3GPP specifications have proposed a set of predefined set of measurement report mechanism to be performed by UE. These predefined measurement report type is called “Event“. The type of “event” a UE have to report is specified by RRC signaling message sent by the base station.
Below are 5G NR Event Reporting as defined in 3GPP RRC specification. It mentions 5G NR Event A1, Event A2, Event A3, Event A4, Event A5 and Event A6.
Events are triggered based on thresholds, hysteresis, and offsets:
• Event A1 (Serving becomes better than threshold)
• Event A2 (Serving becomes worse than threshold)
• Event A3 (Neighbour becomes offset better than SpCell)
• Event A4 (Neighbour becomes better than threshold)
• Event A5 (SpCell becomes worse than threshold1 and neighbour becomes better than threshold2)
• Event A6 (Neighbour becomes offset better than SCell)
You can find below example ofr Event A1 where the serving becomes better than threshold.
You can fill this form to receive pdf describing details and conditions to trigger those 5G NR Events.