• V2X Motivation
• 5G V2X opportunity
• V2X Terminology.
• V2X ecosystem
• V2X technologies (DSRC, C-V2X)
• ITS architecture
• Comparison between LTE-V2X and D2D
• 4G and 5G V2X Architecture
• 4G and 5G V2X Interfaces
• Interaction of 5G Network functions with V2X.
• 5G V2X RSU (Road Side Units).
• Multicast Broadcast Service Architecture
• 5G V2X Mobiliy Xn Handover.
• 5G V2X Mobiliy N2 Handover.
• What is MEC
• MEC deployment
• MEC Architecture
• MEC Applications within V2X
• 3GPP use cases
• 5GAA Use cases
• Safety and Vehicle Management Use Cases
• Convenience Use Cases
• Autonomous Driving Use Cases
• Platooning use cases
• Traffic Efficiency and Society Use Cases
This course introduces 5G V2X (Vehicle to Everything) and its relationship to various ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) standards. In so doing, V2X use-
cases related to 3GPP and 5GAA are discussed. The course then examines 5G V2X procedures including Registration, V2X Provisioning, PDU Session
Establishment and VAE (Vehicle Application Enabler) Registration. Finally, various operational aspects are examined, such as NR-PC5 Quality of Service, device synchronization, mobility, roaming and the use of Network Slicing and MEC (Multi-access Edge Computing) in a V2X environment.
Knowledge on 5G Technology
Get notified about new events